Harper’s Magazine & The Center on Law and Security at NYU School of Law invite you to:
After Torture: A Harper’s Magazine Forum on justice in the post-Bush era
Thursday, December 4, 2008: 6:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
New York University
108 West 3rd Street
New York, NY 10012 (view map)
Upon publication of contributing editor Scott Horton’s report, “Justice After Bush” in the December issue of Harper’s Magazine, a panel of legal experts will discuss the methods available to a democracy for reckoning with a legacy of human rights abuses.
- Elizabeth Holtzman, Author of “The Impeachment of George W. Bush”
- Scott Horton, Contributing Editor, Harper’s Magazine
- Jerrold Nadler, Chairman, House Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties
- Burt Neuborne, Legal Director, Brennan Center for Justice, New York University
- Michael Ratner, President, Center for Constitutional Rights
- Antonio Taguba, Major General (U.S. Army Ret.)
- Moderated by Luke Mitchell, Senior Editor, Harper’s Magazine
This event is free and open to the public. To RSVP, please email CLS@juris.law.nyu.edu or call 212-992-8854.